From devastating house fires to extensive
commercial property damage, we have the
experience you need to recover.
every claim is different. but our service never wavers. we are here for each client, making the
complex simple. taking every call. answering every question. fighting for every last penny.
If your home or business has been damaged in a fire, flood or storm, or if you’ve been the victim of theft or vandalism, we understand how daunting the road ahead looks. Swerling Milton Winnick is here to make disaster recovery easier. With decades of experience and complete dedication to our clients, we are ready to take over for you today - as soon as you call us. From the largest hurricanes to the smallest apartment break-in, we have been there, turning disaster recovery into relief you can trust.
Fire and Smoke Damage
If you have had a fire at your residential or business property, we understand that you need help immediately, and that you are overwhelmed and devastated. We have helped thousands of families and business owners with disaster recovery after fires - and we can help you.
our experts will:
- Explain every detail of your insurance coverage
- Identify the best possible temporary housing or work space provided by your insurance policy
- Coordinate qualified vendors to prevent further property damage
- Create a detailed inventory and estimate of residential, commercial and/or personal property damage to maximize coverage under your insurance policy
- Work with you throughout the rebuilding of your home or business
- Create a building repair/replacement cost claim
- Estimate business interruption claims
- Estimate business relocation expenses
Flood, Water Damage and Mold
Property damage caused by flood or water can be extensive and insidious - interior water damage may be invisible to the eye, but can result in mold that ruins property and possessions. Water damage can occur as a result of floods, storms, frozen or burst pipes, ice dams or sink, tub or toilet leaks. SMW can help you recover from water damage - and ensure that your property is safe from ongoing damage due to mold.
our experts will:
- Ensure that your property is safe for reentry, assessing damage to electrical and other systems
- Catalog property losses to maximize recovery
- Explain and clarify complex water and mold damage coverage
- Maximize your recovery for the type of water damage your home or business sustained
Storm Damage: Wind, Hail, Ice, Snow, Hurricane and Lightning
The power and frequency of hurricanes, tropical storms and Nor'easters is increasing every year, and whether you live or work on the coast or inland, if your property has suffered storm damage, we can help. Damage from something as seemingly small as an ice dam on your roof can destroy a large part of your house.
Our experts will:
- Help you find vendors to make temporary repairs and prevent further damage, even at a time when most of your neighbors are also seeking the same services
- Help you understand what your policy provides to get the best possible temporary housing or office space if necessary
- Take advantage of our wide network of contacts to help with repairs, and vet potential repair companies to avoid storm chaser scams
- Work with the insurer to begin the recovery process immediately
- Work with insurance adjusters - who often come from other parts of the country after a storm - to make sure they understand local valuations and provide the best possible estimate
- Maximize recovery on all parts of your claim
- Maximize business interruption, extra expense and/or relocation insurance
Theft or Vandalism
If you have suffered a break-in, burglary, robbery, theft or vandalism, whether at your home or business, we understand your feelings of loss and violation. The first thing you must do is file a police report - your insurance coverage will not apply until you do. One you have filed the police report, SMW can help.
Our experts will:
- Maintain evidence and prepare documentation to prove the value and ownership of any stolen property
- Ensure that your property is safe and secure going forward
- Maximize recovery of all stolen or damaged property